Some uncomplicated tricks to fix stuck vertical blinds.
Vertical blinds will stay at the top when we talk about window coverings. Vertical blinds do a great job to let breezes inside home. This window treatment are very good for light filtering or light control. but when sometimes the sliding glass doors are in open position the winds misalign the vanes. It causes the vanes not properly turn around. It’s very annoying when your lovely blinds vanes are misaligned and stuck. Many of our customer asks why their vertical blind won’t turn. There are easy fixes for that. You don’t even need to remove the blinds. We see this issue many time when customers call us for blinds repair.
some common troubleshooting process to fix stuck vertical blinds
Lets go go over some common troubleshooting process after this we will show you visually how Steve has fixed a same issue by using only fingers within 1 minute..
1. Turn the louvers closed to see which vanes are out of alignment.
2. pull the chain or twist the wand till it stops moving.
3. When it stopped moving ..Give it a firm and steady tug, you may hear unusual loud noise from the cord but no worries. Its normal.
4. Now do the same to the opposite direction till you hear the loud harsh noise.
5. The misaligned vane should be ok by this time. it should now turn easily.
Hope you got a very simple solution to fix a misaligned vane. Now lets see what Steve shows us in one of our customers apartment.
Steve fixes stuck vertical blinds in less than just 1 minute.
This day he was called out to an apartment building in Hollywood, that was originally completed by the company during new construction. Best Custom Screens installed all the blinds here. We found it odd that they would already have a problem with their vertical blinds on the patio doors.
So he went out and discovered that it was a common problem that happens out there. The vanes were crossed over, because the tenant had left the patio sliding door open, when the blinds were closed. That is a big error, as this could of actually of damaged the blinds. Fortunately our team was there to take care of the problem and film this short video to help all of you out there.
Shielding your windows and doors - Best Custom Screens
Lets take a look at our large variety of window treatment, screens collections.
- Outdoor Patio Screens
- Retractable screens for patio
- Window blinds
- Casement window screens
- Window treatment
- Retractable porch screens
- Exterior Doors
- Sliding Patio Screen Door
For Buying Sliding Screen Doors, please visit
- Economy Sliding Screen Doors.
- EZ Slide Heavy Duty Sliding Screen Door.
- Doggy Door Mounted on a Heavy Duty Sliding Screen Door
- Premier Sliding Screen Door
- Quality Sliding Screen Doors
- Classic Sliding Screen Doors