Statement from the companies Director of Operations
To our dearest customers,
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, Los Angeles Mayor Garcetti has issued a new Work Protection Order as of 04/07/2020. Our company is an essential business as we provide products to the construction industry. We have continued to follow the guidelines set by government standards which include social distancing in the workplace. The new guideline requires that further protection for non-medical essential workers is mandatory. It states that employees can wear non-medical grade face coverings while performing their work. It also adds that all customers and visitors of businesses and organizations wear face coverings over their noses and mouths. Scarves and bandana coverings are acceptable options.
All our employees, shop workers, and installers are complying by doing their part to minimize the spread of the coronavirus by wearing safety masks and gloves on the job. We are currently not working in any occupied homes or apartments for installation. Instead, we are installing blinds, shades, screen doors, and window screens at vacant homes and rentals during unit turns, remodels, and new construction. Please note that installation services are only available in Los Angeles County.
Our office has already been comfortable with working virtually from home, therefore there has not been any delays or changes within our organization and the service provided. I personally have worked from home 2 to 3 days a week for the past 5 years. Many customers have called me asking if we are open and if they can order. The answer is YES! We are open for business and accepting orders from our clients and online orders on both our websites.
Quite honestly, we have all been on FIRE! Our company mission combined with the Tony Robbins training we adapted to a few years ago has given us the momentum to provide the next level of service. I received an email from Tony Robbins on March 23rd and shared it with the team. The email confirmed that we are doing what we are supposed to be doing by keeping on the right path, plus it inspired us to work harder to reach new goals during this time.
The only issues we have encountered is a few of our material suppliers have closed during the pandemic and others have extended the product lead times. We also have had one of our key shipping companies in Southern California close down until the end of the crisis. Please be assured that we have multiple suppliers and shipping companies that are able to help us deliver our window coverings and screening products in a timely manner.
To help do our part, we are offering the COVID-19 Temporary Shipping Program for our online customers. Get FREE shipping in California and 50% off shipping in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Oregon, and Washington. This does not include rural areas or oversized boxes that are larger than 96 inches.
During these difficult times, everyone is living in fear of getting the virus. People have lost their jobs and others are working from home. We all continue seeing videos and pictures on social media of people taking this lightly, people drinking alcohol in excess, and even people fighting over toilet paper.
There are also some courageous leaders who have stood up against the evil that this virus has brought forth. This includes The My Pillow founder and CEO, Mike Lindell, who stood in front of the nation with President Trump and blurted out “God had been taken out of our schools and lives. A nation turned its back on God. I encourage during this time of isolation that we read our bibles and spend time with our families.”
“Word up, can you handle the truth my brother only love HH. In three short months, just like He did with the plagues of Egypt, God has taken away everything we worship.”
“God said, ‘you want to worship athletes, I will shut down the stadiums. You want to worship musicians, I will shut down Civic Centers. You want to worship actors, I will shut down theaters. You want to worship money, I will shut down the economy and collapse the stock market. You don’t want to go to church and worship Me, I will make it where you can’t go to church”
“If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
“Maybe we don’t need a vaccine, Maybe we need to take this time of isolation from the distractions of the world and have a personal revival where we focus on the ONLY thing in the world that really matters. Jesus.”
Lastly, on Friday March 27, 2020 Pope Francis urged all Christians to unite spiritually in universal prayer in front of the Blessed Sacrament for the end of the coronavirus. I was moved that day by the Spirit during the live broadcast that streamed around the world. As I sat in the office viewing the live stream, it felt like I was in my home parish praying at adoration.
In the life of Catholics, Eucharistic adoration is a very personal encounter with the Lord. Many people tend to bow, pray, prostrate, and worship the Eucharist before them. The communion, held in a monstrance before the people, contains the true presence of Jesus Christ.
Many people of faith all over the world joined in this encounter with Christ. Orthodox, Anglican, and Protestant church leaders and believers united themselves through this prayer. Before all, Pope Francis full-heartedly asked Jesus for “mercy for all of humanity [being] harshly tried by the coronavirus pandemic”. Pope Francis also commented recently in a Daily News article “Pope Francis says coronavirus could be nature’s response to climate crisis”
I am moved to bring attention to all that the coronavirus does not have a grip on us. We must stay united through prayer, trust the Lord, and turn to Him when hope seems lost. In the words of Pope Francis himself, “We pray for the sick and their families, for health workers and those who help them, for civic leaders, police and volunteers and for the ministers of our communities.” “We will do so together, Christians of every church and community, of every age, language and nation”.
I believe that good is going to come out of the COVID-19 pandemic. Animals are coming out of hiding and the earth is healing because people are locked in their homes and not on the streets. I also believe that this is a call from God to turn away from sin and to step into the light by believing in Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
With all my love and faith, thank you from the bottom of my heart! God bless you all! I will be praying for each and everyone of you. Please pray for me and my family. We can use lots of prayers. Thank you!
Director of Operations. Best Custom Screens – Blindandscreen.com
COVID-19 Prepardeness Action Plan
The following is the list of our company preparedness action plan:
- Wear non-medical grade cloth face coverings or N95 respirators when on the job site or at the company offices and or shop.
- Wash hands every 30 minutes or after using tools, equipment, computers, desks, and workstations.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining a minimum 6-foot distance from others.
- Keep a minimum of 6 foot distance between people.
- No more than 10 people in the shop at one time and continue to keep a 6 foot distance minimum.
- Do not shake hands with anyone
- Do not share tools or personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Do not touch your face, eyes, ears, nose.
- Disinfect work station when arriving and leaving work.
- No eating at desk or work stations. Use designated eating areas.
- Disinfect designated eating area before and after eating lunch or snack during breaks.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided such as gloves, goggles, face shields and face masks as appropriate for the activity being performed.
- A COVID-19 Supervisor is assigned to each jobsite and business location to enforce the guidlines of COVID-19 Safety.
- Sanitize reusable PPE per manufacturer’s recommendation prior to each use and ensure that used PPE is disposed of properly.
- Utilize disposable gloves where appropriate; instruct workers to wash hands after removing gloves.
- Do not use a common water cooler. Workers are to bring their own water.
- Instruct workers to change work clothes prior to arriving home; and to wash clothes in hot water with laundry sanitizer.
- Identify “choke points” and “high-risk areas” where workers are forced to stand together, such as hallways, hoists and elevators, break areas, and buses, and control them so social distancing is maintained.
- Minimize interactions when picking up or delivering equipment or materials, ensure minimum 6-foot separation.
- Discourage workers from using other workers’ phones, desks, offices, work tools and equipment. If necessary, clean and disinfect them before and after use.
- Posted information in offices and shop where visible to all workers, required hygienic practices including not touching face with unwashed hands or with gloves; washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; use of hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, cleaning AND disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces such as workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, machines, shared tools, elevator control butons, and doorknobs; covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing as well as other hygienic recommendations by the CDC.
- Require anyone on the project or shop to stay home if they are sick, except to get medical care.
- Employees will inform their supervisor if they have a sick family member at home with COVID-19.
- Maintain a daily attendance log of all workers and visitors.
Below are a list of COVID-19 Construction & Business Resources
From the desk of Mayor Eric Garcetti. Public Order Under City of Los Angeles Emergency Authority
L.A. Building & Safety Announcement No. 5 March 31, 2020
Gotsafety.com Coronvirus 2019 English
Gotsafety.com Pandemic Safety English
COVID-19 Informational Spanish (Espanol)
Pray for the end of the coronavirus
Sign up on Relevant Radio for Prayer Vs Pandemic. See the map that shows how many people are praying in the country for the end of the pandemic and the map of how many cases of COVID-19 are diagnosed.
Community response to Coronavirus – Liber Christo
Go to mass virtually this Easter Sunday.
Resources & Recommended Links ——————————————————————
Saint Ferdinand Catholic Church Facebook Page where you can find the live feed: https://www.facebook.com/Saint-Ferdin…
Other Masses available at; Relevant Radio https://relevantradio.com/
Ascension Presents Father Mike Schmitz: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVdG…
Bishop Baron Word on Fire: https://www.wordonfire.org/ ——————————————————————————————--