Steve Tristan explains and shows us how to install a Cordless Faux Wood Blind. Steve has nearly 30 years of experience installing blinds, shades, windows screens and screen doors. To clarify cordless faux wood blinds are a great option for homeowners. Especially those looking for the natural look of wood without the high cost and maintenance.
These blinds are made of a durable, synthetic material that mimics the look of real wood. Because they are also a safer choice for homes with children or pets since they don’t have cords. In this article, we will go over the steps for installing cordless faux wood blinds. Including measuring the window, cutting and attaching the blinds, and installing the hardware.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced DIYer, this guide will provide you with all the information you need to successfully install cordless faux wood blinds in your home. With a little bit of time and the right tools, you can add the warmth and beauty of wood to any room in your house.
How to install outside mount faux wood blinds
- The cordless faux blind on the video installs outside mount. Also known as “OM” or outside bracket “OB”. Plus it mounts directly onto the window molding.
- A pilot hole is drilled before installing the brackets. Find the screws in the package.
- The cordless faux wood blind is a safe for kids, child safe blind that complies with ANSI Safety Standards.
- A decorative crown valance is installed over the top head rail of the blind.
- Includes all hardware.
Significantly the video was shot at a vacant duplex apartment unit in Glendale, CA, during the time of the pandemic of the COVID-19 Corona Virus. Also our company is a part of the construction industry and is is installing window coverings and screening products in vacant units as well as at new construction jobs.
How to install inside mount Faux Wood Blinds
- Step 1 – Take Blind and hardware out of packaging
- Step 2 – Install the brackets
- Step 3 – Mount Valance Clips to the headrail of the blind
- Step 4 – Slide head rail into the left side bracket and then into the right side bracket. Close both brackets.
- Step 5 – Attached the wand to the wand control unit stem
- Step 6 – Assemble the Crown Valance by adding corners and returns on
- Step 7 – Attached valance to the valance clips
- Step 8 – Test the shade. Pull the shade down by pulling down on the bottom rail. Rotate the wand to make sure the blind rotates both ways.
- Tada! You install a cordless faux wood blind inside mount.