Learn the easy 8 Steps on how to install a screen door
Learn how to install a screen door in 8 simple steps. The simple steps instructions is a summary of our how to install a screen door based on our video. See Steve explain “How to install a screen door”. The video is very detailed and a little long, but well worth the knowledge it provides. To purchase a swinging screen door please go to https://bestcustomscreens.com/product/swinging-screen-doors/
This is an EXCELLENT Video!! Thank you very much for being Detailed re: visual and verbal instruction. I searched many videos. I am replacing a door on an older structure. I really like the retractor higher than in the center. GREAT JOB!Paul B. on YouTube
- Take the Swinging Screen door out the packaging.
- Be sure not to use a knife as if could cut the screen mesh or scratch the frame.
- Use tin snips or scissors where needed.
Mounting the Hinged U Channel
- First, measure the door opening height on the side where you are going to mount the hinge u channel.
- Second, cut it to size with a chop that cuts aluminum or a hacksaw.
- Third, install the U Channel in place inside of the door frame
Mounting screen door to u channel
- First, carefully slide the screen door into the hinged u channel.
- Second, adjust to fit in the door frame (see video)
- Third, install self tapping screws, using cordless drill on the inside and outside of the channel to
Mounting the bottom door sweep u channel
- First, measure door width of screen door and cut bottom channel to size.
- Second, slide the bottom u channel into place. Adjust as needed.
- Third, install self tapping screws using cordless power drill / driver.
Drilling hardware holes
- First, attach drill hole guide on inside of screen door frame with masking tape.
- Second, drill the holes with the correct size drill bits. See guide and video for more details.
Mounting the strike plate
- First, close the screen door to match the guide to the interior of the door frame.
- Second, mark the interior holes to the center of the guide by partially drilling the screw in. No more then 1/8′ deep.
- Third, mount the strike plate with screws and cordless drill.
Installing the latch
- First, assemble all required parts, see video for details.
- Second, insert machine screw into the interior side of the screen door.
- Third, tighten machine screws with a phillips screwdriver, hand tight. Be careful not to over tighten.
- Fourth, test the screen door is aligned with strike plate. If not make adjustments.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR CS LATCH
CAUTION: LOCATE INSTALLATION SO THAT LATCH WILL NOT HIT ENTRANCE LOCK
- For accurate installation, follow instructions on drilling template
- Place spindle onto spring and insert them into outside handle
- Push this assembly through the drilled holes from the outside of door
- Then position latch mechanism over holes on inside of door and insert machine screws through door into threaded sleeves. Draw up firmly
- Position strike on stop to allow for positive latching.
- Pre-drill the wood stop with 3/32″ drill and attach with screws provided
- With door in closed position, place template on inside of door at desired height so that short folded end is against door stop and long part of template is against face of door.
- Mark position of the three holes
- Using a 1/4″ & 5/16″ drill, bore the indicated holes straight through the face of the door. NOTE: Ream out center hole by inserting drill and rotating with a slight wobbling action to clear hole and allow complete freedom of motion for spindle. SPINDLE MUST BE FREE
Mounting Door Closer
- Attach the bracket to the top of the door frame, assemble the door closer and screw into the top door frame.
- Please see video for mounting door closer. There are many steps and details to view.
- Test the screen door make sure the tension work on the door closer and that it closest properly.
Swinging Hinged Screen Doors
- Tahoe Screen Door – SwingingProduct on sale$369.99 – $379.99
- Milano Premium Double Panel Retractable Screen DoorProduct on sale
- Prairie 9-Lite Custom – Hinged Swinging Screen DoorProduct on sale
- French Screen DoorsProduct on sale$599.99 – $699.99
- Sentry – Security Screen DoorProduct on sale
- Superguard Grille – for Swinging & Sliding Screen DoorsProduct on sale
- French Door Kit for Swinging Screen DoorsProduct on sale
- Genius Sierra 800 pull down retractable screenProduct on sale
- Vista Custom – Hinged Swinging Screen DoorProduct on sale
Need us to measure and install it?
Check our installation page to schedule service