The Pride Pet Door adapter only. It is the solution for mounting a doggy door or kitty door to your sliding screen door or swinging screen door. This quality pet door adapter is the strongest way to support the screen door for larger, more cool crazy active dogs. It connects two frame sides to the screen door frame which ensures the best stability.
Please note that this item is the adapter only. You will still need to purchase the Pride Pet Door separately, or order yours mounted here Doggy Door Mounted on a Heavy Duty Sliding Screen Door
Additional fabrication information:
- The Pride pet adapter is meant to fit in a screen door frame ½” or less.
- Screen frames is larger than ½ inch will need to be notched with a table saw.
- Before installing your new pet door screen door adapter. Double check if the clearance will allow the screen to open.
- The locking cover frame of the Pride Pet Door locking protrudes out ½” from the interior frame.
- If the screen is close to the door, then the track could possibly interfere with the screen door from sliding. The solution if it does interfere is to drill out the rivets that hold the locking cover tracks.
How to mount a pet door to a screen door
Step 1: Remove screen door from sliding door channels and lay frame down on flat surface
Step 2: Decide where you want to mount the adapter (on left or right hand bottom corner
of screen door either is OK). Starting at the corner where the adapter is to be mounted,
remove plastic spline from door at least 2″ beyond the width an height of adapter
(see chart above). Lift screen material.
Step 3: Notice the two adjoining sides of the adapter have a U-channels on their edges.
Slide the adapter in and onto the screen door frame so that the U-channels overlap and fit
in the corner of the screen door frame.
Step 4: To secure the adapter to the screen door frame, drill two 1/8″ holes on the sides and bottom
of both sides of the adapter frame U-channel. Fasten the adapter to the screen door frame with the
screws provided. (#8×3/8″ Phillips Pan HD).
Step 5: Lay screen material back down over adapter. Using razor blade or utility knife, cut screen to
leave at least 1/2″ inch of screen beyond the spline groove in the adapter.
Step 6: Using a spline tool (screw driver or table knife OK), press and insert screen and plastic spline
provided into adapter frame. Trim excess screen material with razor blade or utility knife.
Step 7: Locate pet door in position on the adapter. Use pre-drilled holes in pet door as guide to drill 1/8″ holes into adapter. See Pride Pet Door installation instructions for details on how to install pet door.