Sliding Screen Door Latch Strike Product Description
A Sliding Screen Door Latch Strike usually comes with your new sliding screen door. Sometimes they need to be replaced. It’s an easy fix. The Sliding Screen Door Latch Strike comes with two self tapping screws. Packaged and can be shipped nationwide by UPS or USPS.
How to Repair or Replace the Sliding Screen Door Latching Mechanism
A sliding screen door latch is designed to close the sliding screen door and I don’t want to say lock it, because it’s not a lock. It’s a latch. The latch strike is the part of the mechanism that holds the door in place when it’s closed. People mistakenly also call the strike plate the “latch” because it latches the door shut. These terms can be confusing.
Here’s how to fix it.
If you’ve got a broken sliding screen door latch or it’s just missing all together, then it’s time to get a new one. Be sure to buy it right here on Best Custom Screens website. You can replace the entire mechanism (which is usually pretty easy) or just replace the latch itself. You will need a cordless drill and a #2 Phillips bit.
Check the Strike Plates
- To check whether the strike plate is loose, remove it and try to close the door.
- If the strike plate is moving around or broken then you will need to replace it.
- However, if it’s loose then the door will not latch properly.
- You will need to adjust the latch strike up or down until it aligns with the latch.
- Tighten one screw first and then when aligned tighten down the second screws.
- Test and you should be all done.
Test the Latch
If you’ve got a broken latch strike, there’s no need to panic. It’s easy to fix! First, remove the screws holding the latch in place. Then, pull the latch out of its hole. Next, slide the latch back into the hole. Finally, replace the screws.