Maintenance on Sliding Screen Doors
Sliding screen doors are good looking and functional but very delicate or weak in terms of durability. Most of the time they don’t glide smoothly on the track and the screens become torn very often, the door track becomes full of debris and and dirt etc. All those reason make the sliding screen door less durable and unsteady.
Sliding screen door maintenance consists of few steps. They are more or less like the following..
- Dusty and dirty screen. It makes the screen unsightly and stops the airflow. Removing the screen door is always a hassle. We can clean the screens even leaving them in place.
Following few steps we can easily clean them.
- Bump off the loose dusts using a dry rag.
- Go over the window screen thoroughly with a soft brush vacuum cleaner.It’ll clean the firm dists.
- Mix some dish soap in a bucket of warm water. 4 to 5 tbsp of dish soap should be enough to make a solution. For better result buy Screen Magic Window Screen Cleaner online. Take another
bucket of plain war water to clean the rag which will be dirty during cleaning the screen.
- Take a old T-shirt to use as a rag. Rinse the rag into the solution and wipe down the window
screen several time. You can wipe the screen from both inside and outside of the screen.
- Another common issue of sliding screen door is dirty track. Remove the debris, pet hair and dust from the track.
- Sometimes the frame of the sliding screen door become bend as they are made of lightweight material. To check if the frame is bowed remove the door from the track and lay it on a flat surface. If it looks
bend then gently bend it to the opposite direction until it becomes straighten.
- Also don’t forget to adjust the tension and lubricate the sliding screen door for a smooth go on the
Before completing this article I would like to show you how easily Screen Magic Window Screen Cleaner can clean your screens. Steve Tristan, Director of Operations, Best Custom Screens shows us how to clean a window screen using the Screen Magic Window Screen Cleaner. It’s easy to use and affordable.
Hope you enjoyed the video. This video will surely help you making your screen door and window screen clean.